Thursday 19 August 2010

I am truly awful

The boyfriend reminded me that I seem to mention in every post that I am sorry I haven't updated much and that I will do more in future and be a better blogger. He is right though, I say it all the time and it never happens.

It always seems like there is too much going on to put aside 5 minutes and just write down what is going on in my crazy little life and my messed up head.

Well.

Today in work we had a big important visit from our regional manager person and his boss and loads of store managers from other nice big shiny stores in the region.
So we all made an effort to dress in nice current uniform, look lovely blah blah blah.

So I wore my nice new blue skinny jeans, only worn once before.
By 11am I had a tiny hole appear in one knee, luckily I was in the fitting rooms so I didn't have to worry about the important men coming in and seeing the state of me.
So around 11.30 I got moved to tidy the greeting zone of the store, fair enough, the hole was tiny and unnoticeable really.
So I bent down to pick up a scrap of paper off the floor (so we didn't get a lawsuit from someone slipping on it) and I heard the tell tale creak of the hole widening.

Imagine my shock when I look down and the knee now has a hole from seam to seam.
Of all the days to have it happen, its on a big important day.
Luckily I am adept at hiding from big important people that may query me on how much the store has taken so far during the week and how much above or below target we were.

That was todays main little highlight, yesterday however was a bit more serious than a hole in the knee.

I had a text from my Mum telling me that my Nan, who has been ill for a few months had been readmitted into hospital with kidney problems and pneumonia (for the billionth time). She is in and out of that hospital like a yo-yo the last few months and it is even more stressful thinking that it has been 11 months today since her son died in hospital.

I feel a bit torn, I would rather her be in hospital as she has been having some rather worrying 'turns' during the last week or so where she completely zones out and just doesn't seem to be all there, but I know how much she despises hospitals, and well her being in hospital shows she is seriously ill.

However, I do feel rather blessed that I have several people on ye olde trusty twitter who have been there for me to rant to, been there to comfort me and just basically show i'm not on my own struggling with life at the moment.
Makes life feel a little easier knowing there are people that care.


On a happier note though, a lovely friend should be up in my neck of the woods next month, so will be lovely to finally meet her :D

Also, I am currently eyeing up these boots. I LOVE stompy boots, so I must have these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment