Saturday 27 November 2010

The post where I complain about Christmas.

I have done pretty much all of my present buying.
Every year there is a set way of how Christmas works out.

Presents for my family are bought by me.
Presents for my boyfriend's family are bought by him.
Everything is from a collective being known as Rob & Rach (or as my dearest sister will find out on Monday when her first anniversary card arrives, Pimpzilla & Batman.


Christmas day gets spent with my family.
Boxing day is a random messed up day involving lots of travelling.
The 27th gets spent with his family as it is also his birthday.

My Christmas shopping gets done usually really early.
His gets done the week before Christmas.

So imagine my shock when I get told a package from Play.com is arriving imminently and I am not allowed to open it.
At that moment I looked him in the eyes and asked if it was Keith Lemon related.
I just had that bad bad feeling Christmas day may end up being awkward.

As my nice huge fear was confirmed, we had managed to buy each other the exact same present.

Now normally it would be a random coincidence, but Keith Lemon is held with the upmost regard in our relationship. I actually do worship the man.
Luckily there is one other person I know who adores him as much as I.

So when my little spoiled present arrived in the post yesterday, we had to have the inevitable trip to Cabot Circus to visit a VERY speical someone.
A someone who made the last 2 years of my life an awful lot brighter than it would have been.
Her name, is Emily Bee.

Every friday I would show up to my shift and see her, usually greeting her with a very loud greeting of 'POTATO!'
In my leaving card, she actually did write 'you bang tidy bitch'.
This made her the easy choice to receive a random unwrapped present yesterday in the middle of her shift.

This also made a very good excuse for me to buy a much needed reindeer jumper dress, and a replacement present for Rob.


After all that, we headed to the local Hooters for some good service, good boobs & good food.

Then he got dragged around the shops again in the snow in search for Dr Martens.

I kind of decided I needed a pair, but still unsure of which colour I actually need.
Hopefully my Mum & Nan are going to get me a lime green pair for my Christmas present!

& I am just going to end this blog right here, before I sidetrack myself with randomness again.

P.S. I fucking hate Christmas music.

1 comments:

daisychain said...

I want some leopard print docs. Hmm.

Post a Comment