Wednesday 5 May 2010

Are maxi dresses practical?

Today I decided to give in and wear one of my new Maxi dresses to work.
By wearing to work, I actually meant walk in looking like a tramp in joggers and then having a transformation before my start at 9am.
All of this went well until about 11am when I first almost went flying as the hem stitching decided to catch in my sandals.
I shrugged it aside as a one off and carried on with what I was doing.
Over the space of the next 2 hours of my shift I got tangled up in my dress at least 20 times, each time causing me to try and detangle the thread from my footwear.
After I finished I gave in and bought another 2 pairs of sandals (without any embellishment, but couldn't decide on black or brown) to wear with this dress in future.

Still I thought everything was fine until I got home.

Around my waist/hips where my belt had been sitting all the material has bobbled up quite badly (blaming the primark belt for that) and around ankle and above area I have lots and lots of snags in the material which looks awful, luckily it isn't visible unless you look really close up. Black does have its uses.

This was the cheaper of the two dresses- but after being worn once for 5 or 6 hours, it is pretty impressive how much the sandals have messed it up.

Trying to work in a maxi dress it turns out is not very practical for me, but at least I had lots of compliments on my outfit!

But in a nutshell I love the outfit. Just bad luck on my part! <3
May have to buy another one and be careful what sandals I wear with it.

Accessories for the day.

EVIL EVIL EMBELISHMENT! (but they do look lovely with everything)

The whole picture. (Excuse the mess, I couldn't be bothered to use my own mirror so I stole someone elses!)

1 comments:

daisychain said...

you totally work the maxi! I have that one in the dark green

Post a Comment