Wednesday 12 May 2010

Priorities.

The ever brilliant Char told me that really just vaguely touching on my problems is going to get me nowhere, and that I need a proper list I can look at. Kind of properly facing up to everything in a way.

So basically these are the things that need to change/happen.

Firstly I need to get working full time. Maybe for the same company as I am now, most likely not though as they only hire part time generally.
But working 20 hours a week just isn't working for me, it is fine if you are a parent or in college/uni but for every day you can't live off that wage.
I need to get myself somewhere that isn't going to stress me out so much and somewhere where I can progress into a supervisor position in the next 6-12 months.
Sounds silly and a bit naive saying I want a less stressful job and to be a supervisor, but the stress currently isnt proportionate to the role I am currently in if that makes any sense at all.

Secondly, but only really achievable after managing the first one is for myself & boyfriend to move out of his parents house and get our own little place somewhere.
Location wise may be an issue again as I work in the city centre, and he works in the complete opposite direction.
He is learning to drive though so I am sure I could persuade him into moving into the city.
Between the two of us, really couldn't afford to have our own place until I am bringing in the same sort of amount of money as him!

Next on the list is getting myself in gear and learning to drive.
I will be 21 in September and everyone else has been driving for absolutely ages so I need to get moving!
If I could drive, it would also mean I could be more flexible with where and when I can work as at the moment I am restricted by our lousy excuse of a bus service.
Could also get back home and see my family in Wales easier and more often than gritting my teeth and relying on an equally useless coach service to get home!

Pretty sure there was something else, but I am having a complete mind blank at the moment. I so badly want all these things to happen so I can be happy but it never does fit into place as well as you hope.

1 comments:

daisychain said...

It sounds, m'dear, like you know exactly what it is you want and need to do,
and that you'll get there.
*nods*
yup. You will.

Post a Comment